Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Website... what website???

Ring... Ring...

Hello, is that Peppermaster??

Um, yes it is, can I help you???

I tried to log into your website to place an order and it says that the products can't be found, I know they're there, they were there the other day.

Um, you're kidding... Well, I'll look into that right away... In the meantime, can I take your order over the phone???

Meanwhile, unheard by anyone but me... deep inside my head... The multitudinous voices high pitched "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!"

My server somehow upgraded their php drivers on the weekend... Nobody bothered to tell my php site! But of course, when they went onto my site to look and see if it was working ok, like the good service provider they are, they saw my front page, smiled and went on to the next website.

HELLO... STUPID... MY FRONTPAGE IS HTML... MY SHOPPING CART IS PHP!!!

Jeeezus, if It weren't my brother's server, I'd be killing someone. I've been sitting here taking phone orders all afternoon! THAT'S WHAT WE GOT THE WEBSITE FOR!!!

I know the old adage is 'You get what you pay for' and I know that my brother pays for my bandwidth, but nobody else on his server was taking manual orders over the phone today.

Did someone put a kick me sign on my back today when I wasn't looking???? Grrrrr.

<-- This was me once I found out that it took all of five minutes of fiddling to get my site up and running properly.

Sheesh.

1 comment:

Pepperfire said...

You don't know the half of it!