Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Have You Got a Secret???

When I was in Alanon (12-step group for families and loved ones of alcoholics) many years ago, I learned that a secret shared is a secret halved. Very therapeutic and healing that. Simply speaking a secret removes half of it's power. Speaking it over and over again, ultimately not only removes it power but, I believe, eliminates it entirely. It's the reason why such groups are so effective for so many people.

Sometimes I am really glad that my first husband killed himself; and sometimes it really makes me want to cry... I suppose that would be a secret worth sharing. Certainly not one I would need to be anonymous for, not if you know me, certainly, it's not a secret that I would creatively etch into a postcard and sent to PostSecret... or would I?

What is PostSecret you ask?

Well, I found it by Googling "What is the most read blog".

The "instructions for PostSecret are posted as follows:

You are invited to anonymously contribute your secrets to PostSecret. Each secret can be a regret, hope, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, erotic desire, feeling, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before.

Create your own 4-by-6-inch postcards out of any mailable material. But please only put one secret on a card. If you want to share two or more secrets, use multiple postcards. (Please do not email your secret.)

Please put your complete secret and image on one side of the postcard.

Tips:
Be brief - the fewer words used the better.
Be legible– - use big, clear and bold lettering.
Be creative - let the postcard be your canvas.

Mail your secrets to:
PostSecret
13345 Copper Ridge Rd
Germantown, Maryland
USA 20874-3454

Email questions or comments to: Frank@docdel.com


And the best postcard I found is this one.



The most read blog: PostSecret

Me out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...uh, I don't 'get' the post card you put up? What am I missin? Please explain it to me??

HART (1-800-HART) said...

Maybe I should mail the guy this picture:

http://www.hartandyvonne.com/pics/www_pic-014.jpg

HART

Anonymous said...

.........sorry vio, I still don't get it babe